FULL DAY IN LAGUNA SAN RAFAEL CON RIO EXPLORADORES
$145.000 per person.
Availability: From the 15th of October to the 31st April, subject to availability.
Our specialty is small group trips (up to 12 passengers per boat) with a clear focus on learning about the places we visit. We enjoy sharing experiences and information about the history, wildlife
and geography of this unique place. Our boat, Explora II, is fast & light with a capacity for 10 passengers allowing us to get into shallow water and explore the lagoon and coastline as well as
the glacier and icebergs. We take advantage of the opportunities that nature provides to see marine & land wildlife as well as the dramatic calving of the glacier.
The itinerary is flexible to enable us to accommodate special interests and opportunities though we always prioritize some time close to the glacier.
Includes all transport and logistical support from Bahia Exploradores, snacks, buffet picnic, experienced guide & boat crew, specialist equipment, National Park entrance & permits,
adventure travel insurance.
- 09.30 Reception in Bahia Exploradores. A guide will be waiting for you here and will help you with preparing, where to park and getting onto the boats.
- 10.30 – 12.00 Boat journey ineither Sisu or Resistencia to Laguna San Rafael, (We will offer Coffee, juice and snacks during the journey). After a general introduction to the history of
exploration in the lagoon and getting to know some icebergs we will disembark at the National Park dock.
- 12.00 – 12.30. A short walk to the ruins of the “Hotel San Rafael”, the beaches around “Swan Point” and for those that need it, the bathroom.
- 12.30 – 14.30 Continuation of the boat ride through the bergs and around the ice flows to the front wall of the glacier. Plenty of drifting time to observe, chat, try some ice in your
drink and really soak in the contrasts, history and dramatic scenery of the planets most equatorial tide water glacier. Lunch will be served in front of the glacier.
- 15.00 – 17.00 Return journey to Bahia Exploradores. Also with the chance to take advantage of any opportunities such as dolphins & seals along the way.
- 17.00 - 17.45 aprox. Arrival in Bahia Exploradores, disembark and return to your vehicles. The journey back to Puerto Tranquilo in your own vehicles takes approximately 2 hours but if you have
the energy there is enough daylight during the summer months to visit the viewing point over the Exploradores glacier and the north face of San Valentin, Patagonias highest and possibly most