FULL DAY IN LAGUNA SAN RAFAEL CON RIO EXPLORADORES
$145.000 per person.
Ask about Family Discounts if you are travelling as a family.
Availability: From the 15th of October to the 31st April, subject to availability.
Our specialty is small group trips (up to 8 passengers per boat) with a clear focus on learning about the places we visit. We enjoy sharing experiences and information about the history, wildlife
and geography of this unique place. Our boat, Explora II, is fast & light with a capacity for 10 passengers allowing us to get into shallow water and explore the lagoon and coastline as well as
the glacier and icebergs. We take advantage of the opportunities that nature provides to see marine & land wildlife as well as the dramatic calving of the glacier.
The itinerary is flexible to enable us to accommodate special interests and opportunities though we always prioritize some time close to the glacier.
Includes all transport and logistical support from Bahia Exploradores, snacks, buffet picnic, experienced guide & boat crew, specialist equipment, National Park entrance & permits,
adventure travel insurance.
- 08.45 Reception in Bahia Exploradores (the end of the road where the bridge is being built). A guide will be waiting for you here and will take you across the river and then to the dock in our
- 09.30 – 12.00 Boat journey in Explora II to Laguna San Rafael, (We will offer Coffee, juice and snacks during the journey). After a general introduction to the history of exploration in
the lagoon and getting to know some icebergs we will disembark at the National Park dock.
- 12.00 – 13.30 We will set out lunch either on the dock or the beach depending on the weather and accompany you on a short walk to the ruins of the “Hotel San Rafael”, the
beaches around “Swan Point” and for those that need it, the bathroom. During a picnic buffet with a pisco sour, fruit and coffee or tea we will give some orientation on
glaciology, the effects of climate change and when possible chat with the park rangers about the wildlife.
- 13.30 – 15.00 Continuation of the boat ride through the bergs and around the ice flows to the front wall of the glacier. Plenty of drifting time to observe, chat, try some ice in your
drink and really soak in the contrasts, history and dramatic scenery of the planets most equatorial tide water glacier.
- 15.00 – 17.00 Return journey to Bahia Exploradores. Also with the chance to take advantage of any opportunities such as dolphins & seals along the way.
- 17.00 - 17.45 aprox. Arrival in Bahia Exploradores, disembark and return to your vehicles. The journey back to Puerto Tranquilo in your own vehicles takes approximately 2 hours but if you have
the energy there is enough daylight during the summer months to visit the viewing point over the Exploradores glacier and the north face of San Valentin, Patagonias highest and possibly most